In order to ensure that your imaging and reporting is accurate,
the following instructions must be adhered to:
- Do not wear restrictive clothing such as a bra to the exam.
- Tie your hair up and do not wear jewellery around the neck area (just for the imaging).
- No prolonged sun exposure (especially sunburn) to the breasts 5 days prior to your exam.
- No use of lotions, creams, powders, or makeup on the breasts the day of the exam.
- No use of deodorants or antiperspirants the day of your exam.
- No physical stimulation (sexual or otherwise) or treatment of the breasts for 24 hours before the exam.
- No exercise 4 hours prior to your exam.
- No shaving on the day of the exam to avoid skin abrasions.
- If bathing, it must be no closer than 1 hour before the exam.
- If you are nursing, please try to nurse as far from 1 hour before the exam as possible.
- No smoking at least 1 hour before imaging
During the examination you will disrobe from the waist up for both imaging and to allow for the surface temperature of the body to acclimate with the room. A female technician will take your images. Surgical procedures such as implants, reductions, and biopsies do not interfere with infrared imaging. Breast infrared imaging is perfectly 100% safe to have during pregnancy or when nursing.
You will be requested to sign a thermography consent form before proceeding with imaging.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our office at 416-636-2916